yconic - You@Waterloo Day
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

You@Waterloo Day

A photo of Kooh Kooh
I was just wondering if this event was like the open house during March Break.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Something like it - it'll be pretty similar.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ARMY102 ARMY102
You can get Watcards and stuff too I think
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
^ I believe that's at student life 101. you@waterloo is more of an open house kind of thing
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
Hoping this is better than the march break one considering the students going would most likely be admitted students. i think its only for admitted students >< not sure. either way there will be more ppl you're likely to see later on.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blurX blurX
Not sure if I'm going..having an essay due the coming monday..

@ARMY102 wrote
You can get Watcards and stuff too I think

lol what is this ..ARMY102? haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CaliLeung CaliLeung
My prom is the night before, so I'm not going... I don't really think there's much of a point in going anyway... all the "open houses" are essentially identical lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen

@CaliLeung wrote
My prom is the night before, so I'm not going... I don't really think there's much of a point in going anyway... all the "open houses" are essentially identical lol

Same heree. The cupcakes were a nice touch though!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kooh Kooh

@PaperPen wrote

@CaliLeung wrote

Same heree. The cupcakes were a nice touch though!

Less people then at the fall and spring open houses means more cupcakes to share.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jzliu jzliu
Only reasons I would go: the cupcakes and buying a lanyard :) but like Cali... prom the night before :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blurX blurX
Prom is overrated, skip it while you can.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
I'm on the fence about going, not really sure what I could learn.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose

@jzliu wrote
Only reasons I would go: the cupcakes and buying a lanyard :) but like Cali... prom the night before :(

You get a lanyard for free when you move into residence! Don't do that :P

Just to answer the questions, U@Waterloo day *was* the March Open House. (I know, as I volunteered for it.) There is one of these days every term. Most of the information presented is for proto-frosh, not you pre-frosh--e.g. program requirements, general info about programs, tours, lots and lots of brochures, sample lectures, but nothing really tailored specifically for first years.

I highly suggest that you attend Student Life 101 this year though. It's now an overnight thing, completely overhauled from past years. I suspect it will be quite good, and unlike U@Waterloo, will give you some actual information. Plus a little two-day preview at student life!

Edit (for clarity): The March Break Open House was a U@Waterloo day. So is the upcoming one this term.
Was this helpful? Yes 0