yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
When should I mail in my official transcripts? I'm an Alberta student, and the only thing on my to-do list is the self-reported grades form. Should I send in my transcript now, or wait until they put it on the to-do list/email?
Hey guys! I just submitted my application for SHAD 2016, so I'm wondering who else already submitted? :) I don't know if there's already a SHAD 2016 thread so I just decided to start one. If there already is one, can someone direct me there?
I'm in my grade 12 year (regular stream) and I took a grade 11 IB course that I was interested in (it's split into two years i don't know how it works other places). I ended up doing really well and was wondering if I could use it for admission to schools that look primarily at grade 12 grades.Will it count for scholarships at all? I couldn't find answers anywhere else.
Hi, im still finishing my first semester courses because im behind a little, i was wondering for 105 applicants when universities look at your marks. I will finish first semester second week of February and immediately start second semester and probably finish year.
Alright so on the Joinid homepage.. it states admitted under status.. and when I click for details.. Under Application Status.. it says Pending Review..?? And along with that.. I haven't gotten any confirmation of the acceptance through email as well..?
Hi, my name is Asma. I used to be in a TDSB public high school until December when i decided to join a home school for personal reasons. Mind you i joined in December and January is the month to apply to universities. So im almost done my courses, for first semester. Has anyone gone or going through the panic attack im going through right now. I applied to three of my universities but i really doubt im goin to get in. Please give me advice
I was just wondering who applied for IBBA at Schulich? I'd love to know what averages you guys are entering or hoping to enter with. All I know is, I'm going to be praying my responses for the interview were good enough !
Can we make a thread to attempt to keep up with which Ontario schools have begun sending offers of admission? This is what I propose: If a school you know of has begun sending offers, check the comments. If you do not see the school yet, make a new comment. If you would like to post about your acceptance (average, timing, program) reply to the school's comment directly. For organization's sake. I'll start by putting the few I've seen in comments.
So here's the thing. I'm in grade 11, and feel like I have no volunteering I can use to apply for university. I am part of Student Council, and a elementary program where I go once a week and help a grade 6 student with math. what else can I do to make my volunteering profile stand out? I want to hold a leadership position, I want to make a difference, but I don't see myself getting any opportunities. Any ideas how to go about this? Even in my school, in the various clubs I am interested in, the executives are chosen, and I feel like every year it's the same ones, so there's no way I can become part of something like that. HELP?