yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
Wondering if anyone's been accepted to the biomedical sciences or biological sciences program at university of calgary? My first choice was biomedical sciences and second biological sciences but I have yet to hear back.
I applied to SFU quite early and self-reported my grades on December 1. Many of my friends have already received their conditional offers and I'm still waiting. I was wondering how long will I have to wait? I'm getting slightly worried that I might not make it. I applied for the Health Science faculty with an 87% average which isn't as impressive, but I want to know if I could be accepted?
Hi everyone! I was just wondering what the admissions ranges are roughly for Health Sciences at SFU. I'm sitting at an 85% right now and haven't heard from anyone. Who here has gotten into Health Sciences and, with what average? Thanks!
I've been worried recently that because of my horrendous grade 11 marks I may not be safe to get into my dream schools for engineering. I had a lot of mental health and attendance issues which caused my grade 11 marks to be horrible. I'm an Ontario student applying to UBC, U of T, and Mcgill for engineering physics or electrical engineering.
My final grade 12 marks so far:
97 - English 4U
97- AP Statistics
96- Higher functions 4U
96- Chemistry 4U
Expected grades for courses I'm currently in:
~99 AP Calculus BC
~93 AP Physics
My horrible grade 11 marks:
67- Physics 3U
80- Functions 3U
73- English 3U
Will these marks make it hard/impossible to get into these schools?
So I'm planning to go to Ryerson business next year (I've been accepted) under the condition that my English and math are over a 70 (any 1 math) and my overall top 6 average is a 78+. So I take functions (80) and data (88) does that mean I only need to keep one of these over a 70? Meaning that if I don't try in functions anymore it wouldn't go towards my top 6?
I was just wondering the thing a lot of people are wondering I guess.. I start maths next saturday (Adv. functions) so the university will not give me acceptance until I give them the letter from my school on Saturday stating that I am currently enrolled in advance functions. However, I would still like to ask of your opinion to see what my chances are of admission to York Bcomm and Ted Rogers School of Management (not regular Ryerson)
My courses and marks are follows:
World Issues: 82
Healthy and active living: 82
Challenge & Change 84
Business leadership management fundamentals: 85 (expected)
World Cultures (77)
Advance functions (expected around 75-80)
Total average (not considering advance functions) =82.5 (83)
Is that enough to gain admission to Ted Rogers School of Business Management Commerce and or York University Business Commerce?
I'm in grade 12 and have an 85 average I take Functions Data and English for my prerequisites I've been accepted to York commerce (not schulich) and Ryerson Business managment I am also waiting for a response from McMaster business 1 where should I go ?
Hello, everyone, I know this is kinda late but I'm currently a Grade 12 student wishing to attend McMaster University's Engineering I (co-op) program. I have an 87% average and I was hoping if you had any tips which can help me do better in school.
I feel very unmotivated and I fear that I won't get into any university. I
go to a non-semestered school and am taking chemistry, physics(90), calculus(81), computer science(93), law(91) and biology(83). If you have any tips that may help, please leave them below. Thank you so much in advance! :)
Hey guys, if you've been accepted to Waterloo's AFM program, please comment below when you got accepted, your average and how many extracurricular activities you're a part of (if any). Thanks and Goodluck!
I'm a current student at Ryerson in my 4th year, majoring in Professional Communication. I'm currently studying for the LSAT and plan to write in Summer 2017. Aside from holding 2 internships over the last 3 years, I work as a mentor for first year students and in student recruitment for my program faculty. This past summer I worked as a Project and Communications Assistant for the Government of Ontario, and in September I was hired at the Ontario Energy Board in the Public Affairs department.
I can answer questions about:
- all program requirements and acceptances
- campus life
- internships and co-op opportunities + job search + how I got hired in the government
- basically any other questions you might have
Hope you're all excited about the potential of attending Ryerson! Ask me anything!
If you're looking to contact me personally, you can reach me at email@example.com
I got accepted into Queens Commerce and am waiting on Laurier for BBA. Given my average and my extracurriculars (that I provided on the ABS form) I am pretty confident that I will be accepted into Laurier. I am conflicted between the two programs because they are both very reputable.I don't know which program might be better for me given I want to go into finance.
I'm starting this forum to see when people are getting accepted to Laurier's BBA program for 2017 If you're accepted, please comment your average, if you completed the ABS form and how many ec's you have.
Hey guys, I have got a conditional offer from Queens, Western, McMaster and UTSG. And now, I am deciding which university should I get into. I once looked at the QS World University Ranking website and it indicates both Western and UTSG have a top world ranking in philosophy (Western is 38; UTSG is 17), so should I put this into my consideration? Also, I have noticed Western have a relatively scarce amount of enrollment in the faculty of humanities. Or is there any factors I should consider when choosing a suitable university for me? (P.s. Also, do the number of enrollment important in deciding which program is better?)