yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
yconic has been partnering with Canadian brands to bring students new opportunities. As a result only Canadian members are eligible to participate in the below partner programs. With our recent extension to the US market, we will be expanding our partnerships to include US organizations by 2016. If you're interested in partnering with yconic, please contact us.
CPA Ontario wants to help students fulfill their passion by ensuring they gain the skills and credentials they need to succeed! Join CPA Ontario’s Post-Secondary Ambassador Program (PSAP) and enjoy exclusive access to a wide range of opportunities, resources and events designed to give you a head start toward a successful career in business and finance.
I am truly honoured and grateful to yconic and CPA Ontario for presenting me with this scholarship. It’s really exciting to be presented a scholarship from CPA Ontario especially because I am striving to become a CPA of Ontario. It’s also encouraging to know that CPA Ontario and yconic are helping me reach my goal.
From tuition, to books to everyday living, Scotiabank knows just how expensive post-secondary education can be. Scotiabank helps students stay focused on their education, not their bank balance. Through Scotiabank’s partnership with yconic, there will be a total of $1.95 million awarded to the yconic community.
Thank you so much to yconic and Scotiabank! I am so grateful to have won this contest. As a university student living away from home, $500 will go a long way. Thanks again for educating youth about banking terms and for offering this contest to help students like myself!