yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
So I'm going for the psych BA at western and also wanna go for their HBA program. The lady I talked to at their preview day told me that about 60% of the people that go into the HBA program are people who get AEO status. I really wanna get AEO so I wanted to know if anyone knows anything about how to improve my application. So for I have about a years worth of work experience, 3 years of volunteering, 4 years on my swim team, a year on my schools DECA team and going to provincials, and volunteering for a couple weeks abroad, in Asia. I know my final average will fall somewhere between 85% - 92%, if all goes well. Are there any other things I put on my application that would edge me out from the competition, cuz I know it's a very competitive program. Thanks, would really appreciate the help!!
I wanted some advice as to what is a good isu book for grade 12 U English. Our teacher wants us to do a classic book that you could do as a class reading book, but instead do it as our isu. It basically needs to be a book that has some university level critiques or analysis somewhere on the internet. I was heavily leaning towards lord of the flies by William Golding. I wanted to know if this is a good book to do for my isu and if you guys have any other advice. Thanks!
i'm in grade 12 and heavily considering going through a psychology program for my undergrad then going to business school for an MBA. however, UWaterloo has a program where you can major in business and the arts. I just wanted some input as to whether business schools like this, and if this could be good for a job. I want to either go into marketing or law, thus the business and arts interest. Can doing a double major or whatever the program UWaterloo is offering good? or would it be bad for me because i have both feet in seperate programs and no clear set choice...
So I want to go to university for law... But in in my 2nd semester of grade 11 and I chose to take physics this year. My school allows a class change if you don't like your class but the only other class available was grade 12 English, so I took it. Now I'm having regrets because I not only have friends in the physics class, but I feel like I would be better in a grade 11 class. I had a 70% in grade 10 math and an 86% in grade 10 science. Would those marks be good enough to get around above a 70 in physics. I'm just really stressed cuz I don't want to have 2 englishes in the same year. Thanks in advance!