yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
Question regarding university options for Business. Currently I am in grade 13 and am applying for business as my first option as well as other programs. My marks are generally mid 70's and that is while juggling a lot of personal things and a full time job. Currently my options for business with my current grades are: Lakehead,Trent, Windsor, Dalhousie and Guelph-Humber. ?(Also because I do not have Adv. Func. or Calc.) Which is the best option in terms of reputation and quality of education. Ideally I would prefer UofG, Waterloo or McMaster but of course at the moment those are not ideal. Should I switch 2nd year assuming my marks are good enough? Or should I apply undeclared at a university I'd rather go to and switch second year? SOS lol