yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
About Me: Most people remember me by the way I act around them , with my ability to turn there bad day into a good day.The simplest thing I would tell you in this description box would most likely be my name, so I will not type it here. You could find it amongst the awesome activities I have done in my life in the rest of my profile. Imagine it as an exhilarating scavenger hunt, or a non exhilarating hunt it all depends on how you view it. What you will not see in my scavenger style profile, is the endless amounts of volunteering service and co-op hours I have done. In the summer of 2014 I volunteered at Jose Marti technical school in Jamaica. Where I helped troubled elementary and primary school students with Mathematics and English. The time I spent with those children will never be forgotten, because not only did I teach them new things but they taught me new things as well. The next summer was nothing compared to the last. In the last term of my High School education, I will be enrolled into a program called Canfit. This program gives me the opportunity to learn about personal fitness, mindsets,optimal health, muscle strengthening, along with health and nutrition. Considering, I will obtain a small insight of health and nutrition it would be great to be accepted into the Health and Nutrition program at Carleton University. This is just a little bit about me, more information is provided below. Have fun scavenger hunting.
School: Aldershot High School
Career Objective: Physician
Graduation Date: 2016-06-29
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys.