yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
I thought I'd make a residence thread for any questions you may have about residence at Western! I am very involved with residence this year, and I will be a residence Soph and on council next year. Feel free to ask me about the meal plan, different styles, leadership opportunities, themed floors, whatever!
I've accepted my offer to Medical Sciences at Western (with SE) and was just wondering if anyone had any advice on residence. Right now I'm trying to decide between Ontario and Delaware for my top pick. I really love Ontario, but it's so far away from classes and Delaware's location is prime. Also, I like to party but I definitely would want to be able to study in the week and find some community-oriented people in res?
Is the distance a huge factor? Also I know Del is being renovated but there are no pictures of the interior. Just wondering what it was like before, and if anyone has any idea of what it is supposed to be like.
Just an overall idea of how I'm trying to compare: appearance, size/layout of rooms, community-feel, tradition/spirit, party, capable to study, food, distance, are communal washrooms really so bad, being able to find leadership people who also want balance?
Also if there are any other residences you think are best, let me know (and why haha!)
I am a Scholars' Electives student at Western University and a recipient of the W. S. Fyfe Faculty of Science National Scholarship. I am here to provide legitimate expertise on the Scholar related opportunities at Western.
I am available to answer any questions pertaining to Scholars' Electives and the program at Western University! More specifically, I am available to help polish your application, as well as, describe how Scholars' Electives allows for an undergrad student to conduct research with a prof, create a themed degree, apply for specialized scholarships, network with other prominent individuals in the community, etc. This is the place to ask any questions you may have.