yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
Hello everyone, I am a graduating high school student planning on attending Carleton University for Architecture. But one concern is the fact that they do not have a Freestyle Wrestling Team and Club. Therefore I am planning on creating a Wrestling Club for the 2017-18 season; a club requires at least 10 members and two leaders. Please comment below if you are attending Carleton and wants to wrestle at a level like CIS.
I am an Ontario Grade 12 student, I am planning on studying Architecture in undergrad as well as a degree in Masters. But for now I am facing a hard time deciding which school I should attend for my undergrad.
I have been accepted by Carleton for Architecture-Design, Ryerson for Architecture Science and Waterloo for its Urban Planning; I failed the Precis for Waterloo Architecture therefore have been offered Urban Planning as an alternative. However I only want to pursue Architecture. Can someone please offer an insight to the experience acquired in each schools. I also would like to know which school is more reputable integrity wise between Ryerson and Carleton, and their reputation on the respected programs.