yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
About Me: First year university student interested in psychology and social work. I am trying to earn money to learn to ride the motorcycle, as well as for driving lessons. I also really want to be certified for American sign language. Interests involve adventurous activities like bungee, rock climbing, etc. Love mystery thrillers like Hannibal and crime shows like Person of Interest. Love mystery and suspense genres while reading. However, finding comedy very amusing now. Lastly, love rock music. Huge fan of Linkin Park and Rise Against and 3 Days Grace. Would love to also see Eminem in a concert. He's the best rapper ever. And I am dedicated tot the community, so volunteering has become a passion.
School: Trent university
Career Objective: Psychologist
Graduation Date: 2019-01-20
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys.
With Happy Student New Year quickly approaching, we want to know what one piece of advice you would have given yourself 12 months ago to better get you through your last academic year.
We’re looking for some inspirational advice that will help other students have an amazing 2015/16 Student New Year. Whether it’s “No matter how comfy your bed is, go to class” or “life’s short, eat the cake” we want to hear from you.
To enter, simply comment below using your real name with “To My Past Self:” followed by the piece of advice you think would have helped you one year ago.
Encourage your friends to vote your comment as helpful. The comment with the most helpful votes at the end of the contest period will be awarded the $500 prize.*
Only friends that have an active yconic profile will be able to vote. So connect and make new friends in the yconic Community or invite your friends to join http://yconic.com for FREE today.
Deadline to apply is October 15, 2015 @ 9:00 AM EDT.
*See full rules and regulations. Please note: Anonymous or inappropriate posts will not be tolerated nor entered into this contest.
What advice will you find most helpful? Help us identify the best advice by giving your favourite comments a ‘Help Vote’!