yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
Ok so I listed trinity college as my top choice on my uoft application on ouac. I was wondering if it is possible to change my college selection list on ouac, without altering anything else since I already submitted my application.
Just a tad bit confused about early acceptances. How do they work? Do universities look at top 6 grade eleven average, or all the grade eleven courses you took? Also, if you took grade twelve courses in grade eleven, do they only look at those?
Hi! I'm very confused about the requirements here for international students. Like it says 90% but is it same for alevels as well? Becuase it says min is B in all subjects where as for life sciences it says it requires an A for all subjects? Is there some type in the requirements or something? cuz a B in alevels GCE [ for subjects like bio math chem physics] a B isnt 90%.. Also they have no email for me to contact them so I'm really hoping someone replies to me here :(
Hi! I live in Dubai and just finished Bio Chem [AS and A2 in one year] last year and am doing Maths Physics at Alevel GCE this year and I'm looking for universities to apply to. Well Mac Health Science is definitely on top but I'm pretty sure I wont get int and stuff as Im an international student and stuff? I have to renew my PR when I enter Canada. Anwyays, how hard is Life Sciences at UFT? Like I really just wanted a program where we learn about the human body,health and disease. Life science seems like to have the whole mother nature in it and I hate studying about plants and animals. So I just wanna know how hard do you think UFT will be for me? Like coming from doing AS and A2 BioChem in one year?Like people say it's easy for People who come from outside as they have been drilled harder to study compared to people who studied high school in Canada? I don't think this is true but this is what they tell me and hence I will be better off there unlike the other students who say it is very hard. I am scared of shifting from a UK curriculum to a Canadian one as you guys have like quizzes and assignments more than tests? And that part scares me