yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
I was just curious how the waitlist thing works. The sooner I apply for the program next year, am I likely to be on top of not everybody but higher than some other people or are the students just go on list in random order?
Hi everyone! So Gr.12 is about to start for me in a few weeks and I have some issues about my courses! I originally planned to take Adv. F, Calculus, Comp Tech, Chem 11, Chem 12, and Physics 12 (I took English in SS, but hated it so I am taking it again in day school). However I realized that I want to go into Accounting so I plan to switch out Chem 11, and 12 for Accounting 12 and English. That leaves me with Physics which I need to switch out, but I don't know what to replace it with. Do you guys have any idea of any courses I should take which can assist in my knowledge of Accounting, or in general a "filler" course? Thank you!
P.S I also have a Grade 8 Piano thing I did on the side as a hobby and I was told I can use that examination mark as a credit? Would it work so then I can have 3 spares?
I'm wondering for all the students who are in a SHSM program in high school (whether it be health & wellness, communications, etc), if universities look at this and if it does or doesn't give you a preference over other students applying for the same program?