yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
I followed all of the universities i applied to on here when i first started using the site, however I have chosen my school now and no longer want to see content for the other schools. BUT, it won't let me unfollow them? Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone found a solution??? please help lmao
Man, I love to program/code, love science, but I just strongly hate math. I'm strong in science and programming, but not in math because it does not appear bodacious to me. But yet I want to go to Waterloo or UofT for Computer Science xD ... Rip my life :/
I was just wondering, what kind of functions I would need when making facial recognition software. I realize that creating a well funtioning program is relatively hard, but I would just like experiment and test my limits. Any advice would be helpful.
right now Im at a university that I hate hoping to transfer to either Trent or Laurier into there Archaeology programs...pretty much Im undecided on which school I feel would be academically better so I want to know which one has the better social scene and school spirit?
also if you personally know about if one program is better than the other let me know :)
Hi, I am very much glad and grateful to share my academic dream with you.. I had has a dream to start my undergraduate studies abroad particularly in CANADA due to its higher known-quality education in the world.. However like other many Tanzanians, my single remained parent (mother) is extremely not able to finance my studies abroad. Hence in order to realize my academic goal, I warmly ask for your scholarship because I graduated my upper secondary education in Tanzania on May, 2015.. I SHALL BE SO THANKFUL IF I GET THIS HELP NOW.