yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
Idk what I'm doing wrong with my studying but I can't get high marks in math, maybe i should study 2-3 days ahead instead of the day before. I'm not sure.
Over the next two weeks I have 10 tests to do, and I can't pull off a 94 average for top business schools such as Schulich, Queens, Ivey and Rotman. Maybe if i studied ahead i might but its hard to change study habits.
I know York BAS, Ryerson Bcomm or BBA ( forgot) is easier to get in. Can you guys recommend me other programs that are in Toronto?
I am currently sitting at a 69.9%. I am looking to apply to Queens Commerce as my 1st option, Western Ivey (Go Mustangs!!!!!) as my second and Nippising as my safe choice. My EC's include Mcdonalds employee of the month, School Cricket Captain, Helping Children in Kenya, and Fantasy Football commissioner (Won it all! shoutout Tom Brady)
Need help and advice regarding my chances thanks and all the best
Does gpa matter in business school? There was a presentation in my university about how the next few years of school are gonna go (im in first year) they told us that gpa matters the least in importance. What matters most is networking and extra curriculars. Is this true? Would someone with a 3.7 gpa have the same chance of getting hired as someone with a 2.5 gpa? I think I’ll have a 3.7 gpa after finals this semester and people say that more doors will be open for me if I continue getting good grades, But now I don’t think that that’s true. I understand that networking is very important, but I was also told that most business grads don’t even put gpa on their resumes/job apps. So I don’t see how my gpa can help me at all. What is the point of a high gpa in business if it doesn’t even matter? I’m confused lol