yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
Hey guys! We wanted to let you know that we've recently teamed up with CAA Travel and we've created a brand new contest you can enter for a chance at $3,000! It's called Your Next Adventure Contest and all you have to do is answer 4 quick travel destination questions.
#Askyconic is back and your hosts Aaron and Alyssa are ready for your questions!
What if I don't make any friends in university? What happens if I don;'t know what I want to do after I graduate? Is university really hard? Why do I feel so anxious and depressed? I just don't feel inspired...
Follow us and join us on Facebook LIVE for #Askyconic on Thursday October 5 at 6 pm EST. Our student hosts will answer all your questions regarding student mental health. Let us know what stresses you about school in the comments below!!
Don't forget to come back to this thread after the show, as we will be posting the resources we shared.
PS. Be nice! Inappropriate comments will not be tolerated.
To all those who will be graduating in 2018, you may be nervous about keeping up your grades, anxious about choosing a university or post-secondary institution, or even excited about getting out of high school. Well, as for me, I am all of the above. My goal this year is to try not to stress too much to the point where I get headaches or not to leave things to the last minute. One of the things that I am trying not to leave to the last minute or stress about is choosing a university. I have done some research and visited a few universities, but I am having trouble figuring out which ones would be best for me (top 3 or so). I feel like this is a big decision and I want to make the right one. Any ideas, tips, or comments?
Hey, guys. So I just finished grade 11 and super pumped for grade 12. But report cards came out and it was the worst report card I have ever gotten in my life! I feel like my intelligence level has gone down. For instance, I had chem 20. I studied so, so hard for that final. When I did the final it was soo easy and I felt like I did really well. Turns out I did not and it brought my final mark down by 6 percent I was just wondering why, after all of the hard studying I did, my mark didn't reflect it. Now it has got me worried. Like if I am not doing well in my 20 classes, how the hell will I get a 90% average in the courses I am applying with. It has also gotten me stressed about uni too. Like, will I even get in and how will I cope for 4 years and the next two because I want to do my masters. So if you guys have nay tips to study better or anything that will help in my later years, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Okay, I am currently in Grade 11 and last year my average was in the high 80's, and I did not try my best. This year I am aiming for a high average because I'd like to go to a University... But, till this day I still have no idea what I want to be and what to do for my future. I enjoy math (My grade 10 mark was 93) and I'm not really good with English, though I got a 91% last year. I also enjoy Science but sometimes it gets too challenging for me. Someone please help because thinking about the future and how I still have not planned it is scaring me.
I have been trying to forward an essay that I wrote for the above scholarship for the last hour when it is supposed to close at 3.00pm ET, and the time in Vancouver was 11.00 AM, and the site says the scholarship is expired. How can that be? Can anyone answer this I have taken screenshots of all the screens showing the times. This is not right
I am attempting to select a school of interest in the "Post-secondary School" section of the Scotiabank National Scholarship Application. However, no matter what university or what 3 characters I type into the box, it says "No results found". Has anyone else encountered this issue? What should I do? I wanted to submit my application today so that I could be entered into the "Early Bird" round for additional prizes. :(
****Thank you for participating! Contest is now closed.****
With the new school year approaching we want to know what's on your must-have list for back to school.
To enter, simply comment below using your real name with "My 3 must-haves are:" followed by the top three (3) items that you're coveting. We want to hear from you!
1. My trusty Herschel backpack
2. Red TOMS shoes
3. My lucky pen
~Jon, first year Queen’s student in Economics
Encourage your friends to vote your comment as helpful. The comment with the most helpful votes at the end of the contest period will be awarded the $250 prize.*
Only friends that have an active yconic profile will be able to vote. So connect and make new friends in the yconic Community or invite your friends to join http://yconic.com for FREE today.
Deadline to apply is August 31, 2017 @ 9:00 AM EDT.
*See full rules and regulations. Please note: Anonymous or inappropriate posts will not be tolerated nor entered into this contest.
What advice will you find most helpful? Help us identify the best advice by giving your favourite comments a ‘Help Vote’!
We are having our first ever #Askyconic Facebook live show on May 24th at 6 PM EST. Tune in as our hosts, Aaron (yconic super intern) and Benson (Student Ambassador), chat and answer your questions about student life.
Do you have questions for our show? Ask them in the comments below.
Also, come back after the show because we will be posting all the links and resources we referenced during our show.
See you then!
PS. Be nice! Inappropriate comments will not be tolerated.