yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
I was planning on taking Advanced Functions on Virtual High School, or Ontario Virtual School? Any recommendations or review or anyone who's taken it before or hear things about it? Anything will help !!!!
I plan on doing my commerce and was looking into Carleton and University of Ottawa as I'm confident I can get into them and also because it would be cool living in Canada's capital. However I don't know how good these programs are so could anyone tell me which one is better and if I should go to one of these universities or Brock for commerce.
I'm looking to get into a finance or business admisistration program. However, I'm having a hard time with selecting a finance program. I took AF and Data and I'm looking for a program that requires a low-mid 80s average. Please give me some suggestions. P.S. Do not want to leave Ontario for school
So I want to take calculus but advanced functions is full first semester so if I take AF second I can't take calculus. Should I take AF in night school. Do you actually learn from night school because I don't want to take it and then do very poorly in calculus. Oh and by the way I'm in grade 11 going into grade 12.