yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
About Me: Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Osifo, and I am a Student Ambassador for Yconic this year! I am currently in my first year of studying Health sciences at the Simon Fraser university in British Columbia. I love to dance ( Hip hop), i love painting, I style hair, and I also like to make videos. Feel free to check out my AMA page. Im open to any questions and will respond as quickly as possible :)
Province: British Columbia
School: Simon Fraser University
Career Objective: Doctor for the UN
Graduation Date: --
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys.
Hi! My name is Sarah Osifo and I live in Surrey British Columbia, however I was originally born in Warri
Nigeria. I'm currently entering my First year of University at Simon Fraser University to study Health
Sciences.. My passions include Film making,
reading, and listening to music. I recently discovered I enjoy painting, and creative writing as well. I was an active member of my
schools student council and girl’s leadership clubs. So if you have any questions on how to get involved in school, i have some great ideas :) This summer I worked as an intern at my church
where I got to plan and lead kids’ day camps, work with the less fortunate at the Whalley strip, and use
my creativity to improve the decor of our church. i'm really into Diy's so feel free to ask me about room or dorm decor for great prices! I'm also into hairstyling and I've been making my
own hair since I was 14. My final year of high-school I was given the honour to be my schools
valedictorian. It was a challenging task because I was involved in numerous programs at my school and
was working hard to maintain my grade point average. i have some great tips on time management and how to combat stress during your final year! Through that experience i learned the power of
persistence and positivity. Because to really make an impact you must fully believe in what you are
doing, and refuse to give up until you see results.
I will respond to questions as quickly as possible! and I'm a very open minded person so don"t be shy :)