All About You Contest Presented by Scotiabank and yconic Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA. THE ALL ABOUT YOU CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
The All About You Contest Presented by Scotiabank and yconic (the "Contest") runs between September 7, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) and March 8, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). yconic Inc. is the sponsor of this contest (the "Sponsor"). The Bank of Nova Scotia ("Scotiabank") is the prize funder only, is not responsible for the administration of this Contest, and participants release The Bank of Nova Scotia from any and all liability in connection with this contest.
By participating in this contest, entrants agree that they have read and understood these Rules and Regulations (the Rules), agrees that they have met the contest eligibility requirements, agrees to be bound by the Rules, and agrees to comply with and abide by the Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions shall be final.
1. Eligibility: To be eligible to win a Prize, an entrant must:
a) Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or an international student (with proof of a valid student visa);
b) be residing in Canada at the time of winner selection;
c) be 13 years of age or older at the time of Contest entry;
d) Be enrolled at a Canadian school for the 2016/2017 academic year (entrant must be able to provide appropriate proof of enrollment, if requested);
e) be a member of yconic at the time of entry and continue to be a member during the Contest Period (a yconic member is defined as "an individual who has confirmed their account via the validation email sent from yconic and currently has an active profile on yconic.com". Free memberships available at yconic.com) and;
f) not be an employee of, or living with an employee of, the Sponsor, The Bank of Nova Scotia, their subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or representatives, nor be a member of an employee's immediate family. The "immediate family" means parents, children, and siblings.
g) have read, accepted and agreed to comply with these Rules.
2. How to enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. There are two (2) ways to enter.
a) Online Entry ("Online Entry"): To enter, an eligible entrant must complete and submit the All About You Contest's Application Form available at https://yconic.com/program/scotiabank-all-about-you within the Contest Period. One (1) Online Entry will be accepted per person during the Contest Period. By submitting an Application Form, the entrants agree to share their profile information with Scotiabank for the purpose of receiving emails from Scotiabank about product offers and tips on managing their money. Application Forms that are incomplete (including those for which the entrant has not signed up to be a yconic member) or that contain false information will not be considered an eligible entry.
Bonus Entries (Online Only): During the process of filling out the Online Entry, entrants will have the option to receive ten (10) bonus entries into the Contest by entering their phone number and checking the box agreeing to share their phone number with Scotiabank for the purpose of receiving a phone call from Scotiabank about product offers and tips on managing their money.
There will be two (2) terms for completing an entry and qualifying for each of the $5,000 prizes: September 7, 2016 – December 7, 2016 and December 8, 2016 – March 8, 2017, (each a "Contest Term"). Online entries submitted in the first term will be automatically entered into the second term.
b) Mail-In Entry ("Mail-In Entry"): To enter, eligible entrants must hand print the contest name, "The All About You Contest Presented by Scotiabank and yconic", their name, complete mailing address, telephone number, email address (that matches their yconic membership account), age, year of study, field of study, graduation date for post-secondary studies, legal status in Canada and the name of the school they will be enrolled for the 2016/2017 academic year, on a plain 3"x 5" piece of paper and mail it in a sealed envelope to: yconic, 2190 Yonge St., 3rd floor, Toronto, Ontario M4S 2B8. Only one (1) entry may be submitted per envelope. A maximum of eleven (11) mail-in entries will be accepted per person. If both an Online Entry and Mail-in Entries are submitted to the Contest, only the Online Entry will be considered valid. No photocopied, computer generated facsimiles, mechanically reproduced, or mass entries permitted. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Mail-in entries must be received by the last day of the Contest Period. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. Prizes: There are two (2) prizes of $5,000 CAD (the "Prize") available to be won. Each Prize will be awarded in the form of a cheque payable to the individual selected and declared the winner. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable. No substitutions except at the Sponsor's option. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per individual.
4. Odds: The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
5. Contest draws will take place in Toronto, Ontario. For each draw, one (1) potential winner followed by two (2) alternate winners will be drawn at random from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Draw Date for the first $5,000 prize: December 28, 2016 at 3:30 p.m. ET
Draw Date for the second $5,000 prize: March 22, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. ET
6. Winner Notification/Prize Awards: The following process will be followed for Contest. The potential winner will be provided with their Prize notification by email and/or phone from the Sponsor. The potential winner will be contacted through the email address and/or phone number provided on the potential winner's entry within five (5) business days following the Draw Date. In order to win the Prize, the potential winner must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, arithmetical, skill-testing question and sign and return the completed Sponsor's declaration and release form (the "Sponsor Release") within seven (7) days from the time the Prize notification is marked as having been provided by the Sponsor. The skill-testing question and the Sponsor Release will be included in the Prize notification package from the Sponsor. The potential winner will be disqualified and forfeit their right to the Prize if: (a) the Prize notification is returned as non-deliverable and/or the potential winner cannot be reached by phone; (b) the Sponsor Release, including skill-testing question, is not returned within seven (7) days from the time the Prize notification package is marked as having been provided by the Sponsor; or (c) the skill-testing question is incorrectly answered. In the event of such a disqualification, at the Sponsor's sole discretion and time permitting, the Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner associated with that prize, who is subject to disqualification in the same manner.
7. Additional Terms: By participating, all entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding without right of appeal with respect to all aspects of the Contest, including, without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries; and (b) release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, The Bank of Nova Scotia, their subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or representatives and any of the foregoing entities' respective officers, directors, related entities, partners, principals, representatives, agents, licensees, employees, vendors, successors and assigns (collectively the "Contest Parties") from any liability, claims, or damages, demands, actions, or causes of action whatsoever which they, their heirs, successors, assigns, executors, or administrators may now or hereafter have directly or indirectly against the Contest Parties in respect of or relating to the contest, an entrant's participation in the contest, and/or the acceptance or use, misuse, or possession of the Prize.
By accepting a Prize, the recipient agrees to the Sponsor, The Bank of Nova Scotia, and their respective designees using the recipient's name, city, province or territory of residence, education information and/or photograph or other likeness, as provided by the recipient during the winner notification/verification process, for advertising and publicity purposes without notice or compensation. All entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification) to participate in this contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the yconic.com website, and/or the legitimate operation of the contest; (b) violating the Rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other member of the yconic.com community.
8. Limitation of Liability: The Contest Parties shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, print, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained in the offer or administration of the contest or any other contest-related materials; for fraudulent, stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due mail-in entries; or for entries that are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of the contest as determined in its sole discretion.
10. Termination of the Contest: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to void any entry and/or withdraw, suspend, amend or terminate this contest in whole or in part (or to amend these Rules) in any way at any time without prior notice in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, interferes with the proper conduct of this contest as contemplated by these Rules, or in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the person making the attempt will be automatically disqualified and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance with these Rules by any entrant or entry, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
12. Sponsor's decisions: This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entrants and entries.
13. Minors: For greater certainty, where the selected entrant is under the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, as a pre-condition to a selected entrant being declared a winner and receiving a Prize, the parent or legal guardian of the selected entrant must consent in writing to the selected entrant being declared a winner and receiving a Prize and must also sign and return to the Sponsor the Sponsor’s form(s) of declaration and release documentation.
14. For Québec Residents Only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
® Registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia.