NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA. THE CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
yconic Inc. is the sponsor of this Contest (the “Sponsor”). The Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank) has not sponsored nor offered this Contest in any way and is not responsible for its administration. The Bank of Nova Scotia is the prize funder only and participants release the Bank of Nova Scotia from any and all liability in connection with this Contest.
NAME OF CONTEST:
The Student Bursary Contest presented by yconic and Scotiabank (the “Contest”).
The Contest commences on May 16, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. ET and ends on November 15, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
There are six (6) contest months (each a “Contest Month”) in the Contest Period, as indicated below:
|1||May 16 , 2017, at 11:00 a.m. ET||June 15, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. ET|
|2||June 16, 2017, at 12:00 a.m. ET||July 15, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. ET|
|3||July 16, 2017, at 12:00 a.m. ET||August 15, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. ET|
|4||August 16, 2017, at 12:00 a.m. ET||September 15, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. ET|
|5||September 16, 2017, at 12:00 a.m. ET||October 15, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. ET|
|6||October 16, 2017, at 12:00 a.m. ET||November 15, 2017, at 3:00 p.m. ET|
NUMBER AND VALUE OF PRIZES AVAILABLE:
There is one (1) $500 monthly prize for each Contest Month and one (1) $5,000 grand prize for the Contest Period. The total value of the cash prizes is $8,000.
The following additional conditions apply to the prizes:
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable.
- Limit of one (1) monthly prize and one (1) grand prize per Contest entrant.
- Sponsor does not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
To be eligible to win a prize, a Contest entrant must:
- Be at least 17 years old or older at the time of the Contest draw;
- Be residing in Canada or the United States of America (U.S.) at the time of verification;
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada enrolled in a certificate, apprenticeship, degree or diploma program at a Canadian or American post-secondary institution for the 2017/2018 academic year;
Be an international student with a valid student permit enrolled in a Canadian Graduate program in the 2017/2018 academic year
- MBA students may be enrolled at any publicly funded Canadian and American University, as well as a select group of International schools. These International schools include: INSEAD (France), London School of Business (England), IMD International (Switzerland) and Erasmus University (Rotterdam).
- Be a member of yconic at the time of winner notification (a yconic member is defined as “an individual who currently has an active profile on yconic.com”. Free memberships available at yconic.com), and;
- Not be an employee of the Sponsor, The Bank of Nova Scotia, their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, promotional and marketing agencies, or any member of the immediate families of any of the foregoing or other individuals with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled. Members of the immediate family of an employee include the employee’s parents, children and siblings.
HOW TO ENTER:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
$500 Monthly Prize Pool
For a chance to win one (1) of six (6) $500 monthly cash prizes, Contest entrants must visit yconic.com/program/scotiabank-bursary (the “Website”) fill out the entry form, answer the five (5) questions correctly and click “Submit” (a “Contest Entry”). Completed Contest Entries submitted online will be entered in the corresponding Contest Month they were received. All Contest Entries become the property of the Sponsor.
Once an entrant submits a Contest Entry, they will receive one (1) contest entry and their entry will be included for each Contest Month draw within the Contest Period until that entry wins or until the Contest Period is over, whichever comes first.
There are four (4) ways of getting additional entries to the Contest. During the process of filling out the Contest Entry Form, Contest Entrants will have the option to (a) refer up to three (3) prospective entrants to the Contest by entering each prospective entrant’s name and email address (each a “Referred Individual”), after having received each Referred Individual’s consent, as outlined in the “Share for more chances to win” section of the Contest Entry Form, (b) share the Contest on Twitter, (c) share the Contest on Facebook, or (d) share their unique Contest link with other Referred Individuals. For each Referred Individual and individual referred by Facebook, Twitter, or a personalized link who returns to complete a Contest Entry Form, Contest Entrants will receive one (1) additional Contest Entry. A Contest entrant can earn a maximum of twenty (20) additional Contest entries for sharing with friends.
The maximum number of Contest entries a Contest entrant can receive for the monthly draw is twenty-one (21).
Any person who creates or attempts to create a false account, provides false referred friends, provides a referred friend with whom they do not have a personal or family relationship and/or without the referred friend’s consent, or in any way attempts to tamper with the contest entry system, will be automatically disqualified from the Contest, and all Contest entries belonging to such person shall be deemed ineligible. The Sponsor reserves the right to ban or disqualify such person from entering future Sponsor contests/programs.
$5,000 Grand Prize Pool
For a chance to win the $5,000 grand prize, Contest entrants must complete and submit an application for the ScotiaLine® Personal Line of Credit for Students during the Contest Period (a “Grand Prize Contest Entry”). Only one (1) Contest Entry may be submitted per individual during the Contest Period.
Contest entrants can complete the ScotiaLine Personal Line of Credit for Students application at any Scotiabank branch.
The ScotiaLine Personal Line of Credit for Students must be approved by Scotiabank and activated before you will be entered into the $5,000 Grand Prize Contest. To be eligible, applications must be approved and activated during the Contest Period.
Once an entrant’s application for a ScotiaLine Personal Line of Credit for Students has been approved and activated, their name is submitted for the Grand Prize draw.
All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsor, who assumes no responsibility whatsoever for late, lost, destroyed, illegible, incomplete, misidentified or misdirected entries or any technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network, failed or incorrect communications caused by the sender, online communication problems, or any losses, liabilities or damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, incidental, consequential, special or indirect damages) arising out of or in any way connected with the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest.
By entering this Contest, Contest entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsor or its designates, which are final.
For a no purchase entry, handprint the Contest name (i.e., Student Bursary Contest), your name, complete mailing address, telephone number, email address, month and year of birth, and a 150-word essay on the benefits of a ScotiaLine Personal Line of Credit for Students on a plain 3”x 5” piece of paper.
Mail the no purchase entry in a sealed envelope to:
Student Bursary Contest presented by yconic and Scotiabank
2190 Yonge St., 3rd floor
No photocopied, computer-generated facsimiles, mechanically reproduced, or mass entries permitted. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for any online communication problems, or for any late, lost, misdirected or illegible entries.
CONTEST DRAW DATE:
The Contest Month draws will take place at approximately 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) in Toronto, Ontario on:
|Contest Month||Draw Date|
|1||June 29, 2017|
|2||July 31, 2017|
|3||August 29, 2017|
|4||September 29, 2017|
|5||October 30, 2017|
|6||November 30, 2017|
The odds of winning the Contest Month draw depend on the total number of eligible Contest entries received.
The Grand Prize draw will take place on November 30, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. ET in Toronto, Ontario. The odds of winning the Grand Prize draw depend on the total number of eligible Grand Prize Contest Entries received during the Contest Period.
For each draw, one (1) potential winner followed by two (2) alternate winners will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received.
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE:
The Sponsor will attempt to contact each selected Contest entrant within seven (7) business days of the relevant Draw Date by email or telephone, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, from the information provided by that selected Contest entrant in their Contest entry form. By entering the Contest, Contest entrants consent to receiving an email or phone call notifying them if they have been selected as a potential prize winner.
In order to be confirmed as a winner in this Contest, a selected Contest entrant must have complied with and remain in compliance with these Contest Rules and Regulations, and must first correctly answer (or if the selected Contest entrant is a minor, their parent or legal guardian must correctly answer), without assistance of any kind, a mathematical, skill-testing question.
In addition, the selected Contest entrant must have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence on or before the Contest Draw Date in order to claim a prize, otherwise the prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian of the Contest entrant, or an alternate winner will be chosen. The parent or legal guardian of the minor will be responsible for signing a Receipt, Release, Discharge, Publicity and Indemnity form on behalf of the minor.
The Sponsor reserves the right to verify the age, residence status, current place of residence, and proof of enrollment at a Canadian or American college or university for the 2017/2018 academic year of any selected potential prize winner. The selected Contest entrant must return all such forms/documentation to the Sponsor within ten (10) days of receipt of the forms by the selected Contest entrant.
Should a selected Contest entrant not be reached within the seven (7) day period, for any reason, including, but not limited to, the fact that a selected Contest entrant did not provide a functioning email address or valid telephone number, or if that selected Contest entrant is unable to answer the skill-testing question or does not meet all of the Contest conditions, the prize shall be automatically forfeited by that selected Contest entrant. The Sponsor will attempt to contact the selected alternate Contest entrant within seven (7) business days of the time at which the original selected Contest entrant forfeited, by email or telephone, and subject to the same conditions as set out in this clause and in these Contest Rules and Regulations. This process will be repeated until sufficient Contest entrants are declared Contest winners or until no Contest entries remain. No communication will be entered into except with the selected Contest entrants.
By entering the Contest, each Contest winner who has reached the age of majority, or the parent or legal guardian of the Contest winner who has not reached the age of majority, consents to the use of their name, city of residence, home city and country, educational status, voice, photograph, video, statements and/or likeness, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law, in any publicity or advertising in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity carried by or on behalf of the Sponsor and/or its agencies and affiliates or agents.
(1) All Contest Entries become the property of the Sponsor and none shall be returned.
(2) Any Contest Entry that is incomplete, illegible, damaged or irregular, or that contains false information, is invalid.
(3) The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, close, suspend, reinstate or amend in whole or in part, the Contest at any time without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, and if required, subject to in the case of Quebec, the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (RACJ).
(4) By entering the Contest, each Contest entrant who has reached the age of majority, or the parent or legal guardian of the Contest winner who has not reached the age of majority, agrees to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually and which changes shall be posted at this page of the Contest Website.
(5) By entering the Contest, each entrant who has reached the age of majority, or the parent or legal guardian of the Contest winner who has not reached the age of majority, automatically releases each of the Releasees (as defined in paragraph 11 below) and any other person or entity associated in any way with the Contest from any and all liability arising in any manner out of the Contest, including, without limitation, a referred person being contacted by the Sponsor as a result of the Contest entrant’s referral, the selection of any prize winners, the administration of the Contest, and the acceptance or the use of any or all of the prizes as awarded.
(6) All decisions by the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding. Each Contest entrant who has reached the age of majority, or the parent or legal guardian of the Contest winner who has not reached the age of majority, agrees to abide by all of the instructions and decisions of the Sponsor. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Contest Rules and Regulations or any decision rendered by the Sponsor, the decision or interpretation of the Sponsor shall prevail.
(7) Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, to interfere with the Contest or these Contest Rules and Regulations, to deliberately damage the Website or to undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other relief or both from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying Contest entrants from this and future contests involving the Sponsor.
(8) The Releasees (as defined in paragraph 11 below) are not responsible for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. The Releasees are not responsible for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest.
(9) The Sponsor does not assume responsibility of any nature whatsoever in all cases where the inability to hold the Contest results from any event beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, including, without limitation, any Act of God, any strike, lockout or other labour conflict, war, act of terror, or should a virus, worm, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupt the security, data integrity, or proper administration of the Contest.
(10) Privacy. By entering this Contest, the Contest entrant who has reached the age of majority, or the parent or legal guardian of the Contest winner who has not reached the age of majority, consents to the Sponsor and The Bank of Nova Scotia using the personal information submitted with such Contest Entry both for the purpose of administering the Contest and for the purposes as described in the Sponsor’s Privacy Statement (link to https://yconic.com/privacy) (https://yconic.com/privacy). In addition, by entering this Contest, the Contest entrant consents to the Sponsor contacting him/her during the Contest Period for the purposes of administrating the Contest, including notifying the Contest entrant of being a potential winner. If available, by specifically checking an additional yconic and partners’ information checkbox on the Contest entry form, the Contest entrant consents to yconic and its partners such as Scotiabank using the personal information submitted with the Contest Entry including, but not limited to, contacting the Contest entrant in the future to provide electronic newsletters, including email and mailings, and other promotions and product and/or service offerings of the Sponsor. If the Contest entrant has provided the Sponsor with the name and email address of another person, the Contest entrant confirms having a personal or family relationship with that person and having received their consent to make the referral.
(11) No Liability of Releasees. The Sponsor and its affiliated companies, associates, directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury up to and including death, property loss or other damage to a Contest entrant or winner arising from or in connection with the acceptance, redemption or use/misuse of a prize or participation in this Contest. The prize winner(s) assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of the prize.
(12) The Releasees shall not be responsible for entries not received or not considered eligible due to incomplete, inaccurate, unclear or indecipherable information, failed or interrupted network connections or other mechanical or technical problems, however caused (including a busy phone signal). The Releasees shall have no liability for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected Contest Entries, or for any failure, interruption, delay, error or omission of the Contest Website or the Sponsor’s Websites (the “Websites”) or features on the Websites during the Contest, for any problems related to the Websites or the Contest Website, including mechanical or technical malfunction of, or damage to, any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, for failure of any email or Contest Entry to be received by the Sponsor for any reason, for damage to a Contest entrant’s or any other person’s computer, or for breaches of privacy for any reason beyond the control of the Releasees, including interference by third party computer “hackers”.
(13) This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void outside Canada or where prohibited by law. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario. For residents of Quebec: any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (RACJ) for a ruling; and any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (RACJ) only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
(14) If any provision of these Contest Rules and Regulations or the application thereof to any person or circumstance shall, to any extent, be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Contest Rules and Regulations, or the application of such provision to persons or circumstances other than those as to which it is held invalid or unenforceable, shall not be affected thereby and each provision of these Contest Rules and Regulations shall be valid and enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law and be independent of every other provision of these Contest Rules and Regulations.
(15) For a list of winners please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make a reference to the Student Bursary Contest in your subject line.