yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
Hello everyone as the title stated, I would like to have a new laptop for y post secondary education. I have been browsing different models and puzzled by all the options. Right now, I am using ASUS S56C... and it only lasts for 4 hours (without internal browsing) ....
So here's some specs I would like to have in my future laptop, and hopefully tech gurus can help me :)
1. Long lasting battery (at least 6 hours, the more the better , if possible)
2. Graphic Card
3. Intel i7
5. DVD drive
6. Window Operation (I still don't know how to use Apple laptops)
7. At least 8 GB memory
8. 3+ USB Ports and 1+ USB-C port(s)
9. 256 GB+ Hard drive
10. 17" screen
2. Good sound system
3. Glowing keyboard (cuz I think this is cool but it's not necessary at all)
1. Normal tasks (PowerPoint, Word, Publisher, Excel)
2. Video editing (Premiere Pro - it freezes when I use my current laptop)
4. Tons of internet browsing at the same time (can up to 100 pages at the same time)
I feel as if I can't contribute anything to what's around me. I'm really awkward, insecure sometimes, I never go out (though I wish I did) and don't have any special talents.
Everyone says it gets better in university but I feel like people will isolate me because they'll think I'm too serious or something.
How do I go about going out more and having a social life? I'm really jealous of everyone who parties and has fun while I stay in and study. Why does everyone think I'm so serious.. :( someone please help