yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
I'm currently deciding which course I should take in grade 12 in order to boost my average to get into SFU. Which courses did you take in grade 12, what was your average, and what faculty did you go into?
My first semester marks of first year were as followed
80 in classics
And wait for it
50 in physics
I feel like I have no chance to get into medical school now although I am improving this semester I feel like this 50 is going to haunt me forever and I cannot afford to retake this course
Update : I don't really understand how people didn't get from the question that I am already in university? I literally said first year? Like what did people assume first year of high school? Jesus Christ, my average grade 12 high school was a 94 and grade 11 was a 96 that is the least of my worries; UNIVERSITY is my concern. I go to U of T for life sciences if everyone must know. What kind of high school has classics? Maybe I shouldn't be asking questions on here x)
Hello! I am currently a grade 11 student in BC. After I graduate highschool, I plan on going to University to study Criminology or Criminal Justice. The schools I'm hoping to get into are SFU, or York as they both and programs in that field of study. My current grades are:
Math - 76%
Social Studies - 81%
English - 79%
Physics and Chemistry - 70%
My overall average is about 80%. Do I have a good shot at getting into these schools? If not which schools should be able to accept me with these types of grades?
Hello, I am going into grade 12 next year and am deciding which universities to apply to. I am completely interested in business. I do not care about the location of my university nor the tuition fees. I would just like to know which one of these universities is the hardest to get admitted to: UWO Ivey AEO, Queens Smith, McGill Desautels, UBC Sauder, UTSG Rotman, and York Schulich. My average is 92 but like which university has the lowest acceptance rate and which one would you say is the easiest to gain admissions to?
Hey everyone! Wondering if anyone could help me find my way to some student bursary options / programs. I am heading into my first year of University this fall and have been starting to really look for some help with these upcoming student loans! #replypost
hey everyone, I am a first year commerce student here at Queen's, and I was active this time last year when I was making decisions on where to go, so I thought I would help the next group of applicants with any questions and such! :)
Hey I was wondering if I could get into UBC arts. My grade 11 marks are bad as they are in the 60's - 70's(two highest grade 11 marks were 86 social studies and 82 precalc) but this year grade 12 my marks are solid. 97% Law, 90, English, 97% geog, 93% history, 87 biology and I have a lot of extra circulars . What do u you think are my chances of getting accepted thanks