yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
Is anyone at Dalhousie at STFX in their first of nursing (admitted 2015) or have been admitted for 2016? If so what were your averages? and are you all from nova scotia? Is anyone applying as a transfer applicant?
What were the admission averages for nursing at stfx 2015? How is the school compared to Dalhousie and other universities? Do they accept all Canadians? I'm from the gta. I have around an 82-84 percent average. Will I get in?
What were the admission averages for nursing at stfx 2015? How is the school compared to Dalhousie? Do they accept all Canadians? I'm from the gta. I have around an 82-84 percent average. Will I get in?
I wanted to know if there are any students on here who are doing or who have done Vet Tech / Animal Health Tech.
Where did you go?
How much was it?
Did you like it?
Did it prepare you for your job?
Was it 2 year or longer course?
Was their options for Equine classes? What are you currently doing? Do you have any recommendations to help get a better job in the field?
From what we were told in our Co-op class, In NB, the average Vet Tech makes around $12.50/$13.00. However, I don't mind relocating. What does the average Vet Tech in your Area make?
I'm currently on a "work break" after graduating High School in June. I plan to work for a solid year or two, to save up as much as I can before heading away to University. The less debt I can come out with the better, right? Haha. I plan to do Vet Tech, focusing in Livestock/Equine. Afterwards get an Equine-extension through University of Guelph. However I'm not quite sure I have decided where to do my Vet-Tech program at. I am in New Brunswick, so I was thinking Dalhousie University in Truro (Former NSAC) as they are located on the Agricultural Campus and have the option for an Equine Elective.
Is there anything I could do to help prepare me for Vet Tech? I am planning on trying to get some Shadowing/Volunteer work done at a Vet Office starting this upcoming Spring.
I graduated meeting requirements for Dalhousie*, my main course grades are as follows: